Frequently Asked Questions
Conventional soap contains commercial detergents, chemicals and even animal by-products such as tallow and lard. Yes, even your most beloved store bought soap contains these ingredients and masquerades as true soap. These detergents and chemicals can cause dry skin and irritation. According to the FDA a true soap is composed mainly of “alkali salts of fatty acids”. Simply put, natural oils such as coconut oil, olive oil, avocado oil and many more plant oils, combined with sodium hydroxide – an alkali salt (lye), is the only true soap. Our natural soaps are handmade the old-fashioned way and are nourishing, moisturising and leave the skin feeling revitalised. Once you try natural soap you will never want to use commercial soap again! Natural soaps are biodegradable, earth friendly and kind to animals.
You may ask how can soap be natural if it contains lye? The truth is all soap is made with lye or soap would not exist. Soap is the result of a chemical reaction, saponification, which occurs when the lye (an alkali salt) and the fat molecules (triglycerides) from the oils are combined and are chemically transformed into soap and natural glycerin. All the lye is converted and consumed in the chemical reaction and the result is a beautiful bar of soap with natural glycerin, an emollient, which acts as a moisturising agent.
Our natural soaps are handmade in small batches, and the colour and design may vary from batch to batch due to the alchemy of the natural ingredients and the climate. The designs are created by hand and may look a little different to another batch, just as an artist cannot produce the exact same masterpiece every time. Mother Nature has its own unique chemistry that will change the way natural ingredients look and smell based on climate, temperature, soil, season and when it was harvested. Natural colourants will gradually fade over time.
Natural hand-crafted soaps are softer due to the high glycerine content, natural oils and butters and therefore require a little extra care.
Place the soap on a soap dish with good drainage to allow the soap to dry out between uses.
Store new, unused soap in a dry environment as the natural glycerine content will attract water which will hasten the lifespan of the soap bar. Your natural bar of soap should last at least 4-6 weeks.
“If you won’t eat it, don’t put it on your skin”
Terms And Conditions
In these terms and conditions, “we” “us” and “our” refers to Aroma Thyme CC T/A The Soapery. Your access to and use of all information on this website including purchase of our product/s is provided subject to the following terms and conditions. The information is intended for residents of South Africa only.
We reserve the right to amend this Notice at any time and your use of the website following any amendments will represent your agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions as amended. We therefore recommend that each time you access our website you read these terms and conditions.
1. We strive to ensure that our products are described as accurately as possible on our website, however we do not warrant that the description is accurate. Where we become aware of any misdescription, we reserve the right to correct any error or omission.
2. Images have been provided for illustrative purposes only and we do not guarantee that any image will reproduce in true colour nor that any given image will reflect or portray the full design or options relating to that product.
3. Our products are for sale to adults over the age of eighteen (18) years. By proceeding to purchase through our website, you acknowledge that you are over 18 years of age.
4. We supply and despatch our products to customers within South Africa only.
5. We endeavour to ensure that our product list is current however we give no undertaking as to the availability of any product advertised on our website.
6. Packaging and postage is an additional charge, calculated at time of purchase.
7. When you order from us, we require you to provide your name, address for delivery, your email address, telephone contact and credit card details. We undertake to take due care with this information; however, in providing us with such information you accept that we are not liable for its misuse due to error in transmission or virus or malware.
8. We undertake to accept or reject your order within three (3) days. If we have not responded to you within three (3) days, your offer is deemed to be rejected. We are not required to give reasons for rejecting your offer to purchase however the most likely reason for rejecting your offer will be that we do not currently have that product in stock.
9. Once you have submitted an order, you may not cancel that order even if our acceptance or rejection of your offer is still pending.
10. Delivery of your ordered product/s will be as set out on our website. Title in the goods passes to you when we have received payment. Our terms of payment are set out on the order page.
11. All risk of loss or damage to the goods passes to you when we despatch the goods.
Order Cancellation Due To Error
12. Where a product has been listed at the incorrect price or with incorrect descriptive information or image due to typographical error or similar oversight, we reserve the right to cancel a transaction. Where your credit card has been charged, we will immediately refund your credit card for the total amount debited.
13. We undertake to reimburse you for any product delivered to you that is faulty or if for any reason you are not completely satisfied with your purchase. Please notify us within 7 (seven) days of your receipt of goods through our designated “contact us” webpage. We will consider the condition of the goods being returned before making a refund or exchange. We will offer a refund, exchange or replacement on all products returned, provided that they are in their original packaging, unused and undamaged. Should an exchange or refund be requested, you will be liable for the courier costs incurred.
If we are unable at the time of return to replace or exchange returned goods, we undertake to reimburse your credit card for the amount initially debited for the purchase including packaging and postage charges.
14. www.thesoapery.co.za is not liable for any products damaged or lost during shipping. If you received your order damaged, please contact the shipment carrier to file a claim. Please save all packaging materials and damaged goods before filing a claim.
15. When you visit our website, we give you a limited licence to access and use our information for personal use.
16. You are permitted to download a copy of the information on this website to your computer for your personal use only provided that you do not delete or change any copyright symbol, trademark or other proprietary notice. Your use of our content in any other way infringes our intellectual property rights.
17. Except as permitted under the Copyright Act 1978, you are not permitted to copy, reproduce, republish, distribute or display any of the information on this website without our prior written permission.
18. The licence to access and use the information on our website does not include the right to use any data mining robots or other extraction tools. The licence also does not permit you to metatag or mirror our website without our prior written permission. We reserve the right to serve you with notice if we become aware of your metatag or mirroring of our website.
19. This website may from time to time contain hyperlinks to other websites. Such links are provided for convenience only and we take no responsibility for the content and maintenance of or privacy compliance by any linked website. Any hyperlink on our website to another website does not imply our endorsement, support, or sponsorship of the operator of that website nor of the information and/or products which they provide.
20. Linking our website is not permitted. We reserve the right to serve you with notice if we become aware of such linking.
Intellectual Property Rights
21. The copyright to all content on this website including applets, graphics, images, layouts and text belongs to us or we have a licence to use those materials.
22. All trademarks, brand and logos generally identified either with the symbols TM or ® which are used on this website are either owned by us or we have a licence to use them. Your access to our website does not license you to use those marks in any commercial way without our prior written permission.
23. Any comment, feedback, idea or suggestion (called “Comments”) which you provide to us through this website becomes our property. If in future we use your Comments in promoting our website or in any other way, we will not be liable for any similarities which may appear from such use. Furthermore, you agree that we are entitled to use your Comments for any commercial or non-commercial purpose without compensation to you or to any other person who has transmitted your Comments.
24. If you provide us with Comments, you acknowledge that you are responsible for the content of such material including its legality, originality and copyright.
25. Whilst we have taken all due care in providing the information on our website, we do not provide any warranty either express or implied including without limitation warranties of title or implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
26. To the extent permitted by law, any condition or warranty which would otherwise be implied into these terms and conditions is excluded.
27. We also take all due care in ensuring that our website is free of any virus, worm, Trojan horse and/or malware, however we are not responsible for any damage to your computer system which arises in connection with your use of our website or any linked website.
Limitation of Liability
28. To the full extent permitted by law, our liability for breach of an implied warranty or condition is limited to the supply of the goods and/or services again or payment of the costs of having those goods and/or services supplied again.
29. We accept no liability for any loss whatsoever including consequential loss suffered by you arising from product/s we have supplied.
30. By accessing our website, you agree to indemnify and hold us harmless from all claims, actions, damages, costs and expenses including legal fees arising from or in connection with your use of our website.
31. If a Force Majeure event causing delay continues for more than Thirty (30), we may terminate this Agreement by giving at least Seven (7) Notice to you. “Force Majeure” means any act, circumstance or omission over which we could not reasonably have exercised control.
32. These terms and conditions are to be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Western Cape and any claim made by either party against the other which in any way arises out of these terms and conditions will be heard in Western Cape and you agree to submit to the jurisdiction of those Courts.
33. If any provision in these terms and conditions is invalid under any law the provision will be limited, narrowed, construed or altered as necessary to render it valid but only to the extent necessary to achieve such validity. If necessary, the invalid provision will be deleted from these terms and conditions and the remaining provisions will remain in full force and effect.
34. We undertake to take all due care with any information which you may provide to us when accessing our website. However, we do not warrant and cannot ensure the security of any information which you may provide to us. Information you transmit to us is entirely at your own risk although we undertake to take reasonable steps to preserve such information in a secure manner.
Shipping & Delivery Policy
Thank you for visiting and shopping at www.thesoapery.co.za. Following are the terms and conditions that constitute our Shipping Policy.
Domestic Shipping Policy
- All orders are processed within 2-3 business days. Orders are not shipped or delivered on weekends or holidays.
- If we are experiencing a high volume of orders, shipments may be delayed by a few days. Please allow additional days in transit for delivery. If there will be a significant delay in shipment of your order, we will contact you via email or telephone.
- Shipping may be delayed for regional (outlying) areas and may take 3-4 days.
- Shipping domestic rates are R85.00 (ZAR) and free shipping rates apply for orders R500 (ZAR) and over.
- The Courier Guy is our elected courier service provider.
- Please provide a physical address for shipping as we are unable to ship to a P O Box.
- www.thesoapery.co.za ships to addresses within South Africa. We will update our shipping policy when international shipping becomes available.
- You will receive a Shipment Confirmation email once your order has shipped containing your tracking number. The tracking number will be active within 24 hours.
- We use PayFast as our payment gateway for secure online purchases.
Product Returns Policy
- We undertake to reimburse you for any product delivered to you that is faulty or if for any reason you are not completely satisfied with your purchase. Please notify us within 7 (seven) days of your receipt of goods through our designated “contact us” webpage.
- We will consider the condition of the goods being returned before making a refund or exchange. We will offer a refund, exchange or replacement on all products returned, provided that they are in their original packaging, unused, and undamaged.
- Should an exchange or refund be requested, you will be liable for the courier costs incurred.
- If we are unable at the time of return to replace or exchange returned goods, we undertake to reimburse your credit card for the amount initially debited for the purchase including packaging and postage charges.
- www.thesoapery.co.za is not liable for any products damaged or lost during shipping. If you received your order damaged, please contact the shipment carrier to file a claim. Please save all packaging materials and damaged goods before filing a claim.